Residential Based Learning Communities
Major-Based Living Learning Communities
Do you have an interest in health and wellness, sports, and/or event planning? Do you want to live in a community with students majoring in the same field of study as you? The School of Physical Education and Tourism Management (PETM) Housing Community welcomes new incoming freshman students majoring in Exercise Science; Fitness Management and Personal Training; Physical Education Teacher Education; Sport Management; and Tourism, Conventions and Event Management to live in University Tower. Students residing on the PETM residential floor will have the opportunity to get involved in special academic and social programs organized by the resident assistant, Office of Housing & Residence Life, and PETM Office of Student Success.
As a PETM Housing Community resident, you will be provided with several opportunities:
- Benefit from living with an upperclassman Resident Assistant (RA) in your major/school
- Meet and make friends with other students in your major/school outside the classroom
- Easily form study groups with students in your major
- Have quick access to the fitness facility that is on the same floor as the PETM community
- Participate in events and programs exclusively for the PETM Housing Community residents. (Past events have included a Meet & Greet with the Dean & Faculty, End-of-Year celebrations at Sky Zone & Climb Time Indy, Indianapolis Colts game, ZooBoo at the Indianapolis Zoo, and volunteering at the Carmel Marathon)
Scholarships are available for students who wish to live in the PETM Housing Community. The Department of Kinesiology awards the Anna A. Schmook Scholarship to incoming freshmen students at IUPUI who intends to major in Exercise Science, Fitness Management and Personal Training, or Physical Education Teacher Education and intends to live in the PETM Housing Community in University Tower.
- Amount: $2,000
- Number given: 3
- Eligibility criteria: Must be accepted for admission to IUPUI and the School of Physical Education & Tourism Management pursuing a major in the Department of Kinesiology, and must have submitted a housing application for the University Tower and identified the PETM Community as their community of choice intending to reside in the PETM Housing Community for the 2016-2017 academic year.
- Application deadline: February 1, 2016
To apply, submit:
- Apply for on-campus housing by clicking here
- Complete the online scholarship application by clicking here
- Construct an essay answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to live in the PETM Community in the University Tower?
- How do you plan to contribute and be an active participant in the PETM Community?
All questions regarding the application, facilities, fees, etc. should be directed to IUPUI's Office of Housing and Residence Life: (317) 274-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about the PETM residential community should be directed to the PETM Office of Student Success at email@example.com or (317) 274-0600. Learn more about the PETM Housing Community and the first year experience by contacting Christina Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org.