Residential Based Learning Communities
Major-Based Living Learning Communities
SPEA JPL Community
The Justice and Pre-Law community, supported by the School of Public and Environmental Affairs (SPEA), is a residential based learning community in University Tower for freshmen students interested in social justice and pre-law topics such as the legal system, law enforcement, homeland security, socioeconomics, and race and class issues in America. Residents of the Justice and Pre-Law wing will live in an environment that fosters social responsibility. You an participate in meaningful activities on-campus and throughout Indiana such as IUPUI Day of Service, touring the Marion County Courts and Crime Lab, learning about the IUPUI Cadet Program, and volunteering at food banks.
In SPEA's Justice and Pre-Law wing, students may:
- Participate in SPEA Summer Bridge and Themed Learning Community programs (learn more during IUPUI Orientation: http://bridge.uc.iupui.edu/)
- Attend pre-law school sessions hosted by the McKinney School of Law
- Live with other freshmen who share your interests and work as a team to select topics and activities
- Get involved with student organizations
- Connect and collaborate with SPEA faculty, students, alumni and staff
The wing is set up with double and triple rooms. To be eligible for the Justice and Pre-Law Wing students must:
- Apply for IUPUI housing early through the Housing Service Center.
- On the IUPUI housing application, in the Residential Based Learning Communities section, select "SPEA's Justice and Pre-Law wing"
- Identify as a SPEA or pre-Law major such as Criminal Justice, Public Safety Management, Civic Leadership, Management, Media and Public Affairs, Policy Studies, or Sustainable Management and Policy. Exploratory students or students with an interest in Justice and pre-Law are also encouraged to apply.