Residential Based Learning Communities
Major-Based Living Learning Communities
Women in Science House
The Women in Science House (WISH) is an on-campus residential living and learning community for female science students of various class years and majors. Residents of WISH will live in an environment that fosters academic development through the exploration of the field of science and provides a nurturing atmosphere for personal growth, including:
- Provide academic activities that enhance educational success
- Provide research learning experiences
- Facilitate mentoring and networking
- Encourage involvement in service learning and community-based activities
- Provide financial assistance through up to $2000 scholarships
The WISH occupies 30 women in 15 rooms in the Riverwalk Apartments. Each room includes two private bedrooms and two private bathrooms. To be eligible for the WISH, students should:
- Apply for IUPUI housing by April 15 through the Housing Service Center
- On the IUPUI housing application, in the Residential Based Learning Communities box, select "Women In Science House"
- Submit application to the Housing Office
- Complete scholarship application and submit to the School of Science dean's office by April 15. Applications should be sent to:
Students interested in living in the WISH will be asked to submit a scholarship application. The application will ask for information regarding a student's interest in science and why she feels that living in the WISH will be a beneficial living environment for her. Decisions on who will live in the house and be awarded a scholarship will be based on information provided in the application, such as answers to essay questions and extracurricular activities (clubs, organizations, etc.). High School and/or college academic performance (GPA, ACT/SAT, class rank, etc.) will also be reviewed.
Click here to access the scholarship application. Applications are due on April 15th, but review will begin in early March. Spots can fill quickly. For more information regarding scholarship decisions, contact the School oof Science.
Residential decisions will be made no later than May 30. Those students selected to live in WISH will be mailed housing contracts. For questions regarding housing contracts, please contact the IUPUI Housing Office at (317) 274-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about how you can benefit from living in the Women in Science House, contact Diana Sims-Harris at (317) 274-0637 or email@example.com.