Residential Based Learning Communities
Theme-Based Living Learning Communities
Qmmunity is a gender-inclusive residential living and learning community that is open to any student who has respect for, and an understanding of, all gender identities and sexualities. The community's purpose is to provide a safe space for our LGBTQ+ student community at IUPUI. Qmmunity welcomes all students.
Residents of Qmmunity will live in an environment that fosters an appreciation for the intersectionality of individuals as it relates to race, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, ability, socioeconomic status, and citizenship status. As a member of this community, residents will have the opportunity to:
- Take part in creating a living environment that is inclusive and provides a sense of belonging.
- Gain a deeper understanding of the history and culture within the LGBTQ+ community.
- Generate a stronger sense of pride as a member or ally of the community.
- Develop a broadened view of identities within the individual in addition to sexual orientation or gender identity.
The Qmmunity will house 38 residents and be located in North Hall. To be eligible for Qmmunity, students should:
- Apply for on-campus housing through the Housing and Residence Life website.
- On the IUPUI Housing application, in the Residential Based Learning Communities box, select “Qmmunity”.
- There will be an individual follow up interview in a mode of communication selected by the applicant prior to May 1st.
Residential decisions will be made no later than June 1st and students selected to live in Qmmunity will be notified via the contract. For questions regarding housing contracts, please contact the IUPUI Housing Office at (317) 274-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions about the community should be directed to:
Director, LGBTQ+ Center
Request Additional Information