General Housing Information
Immerse yourself in the college experience: apply for IUPUI on-campus housing today!
Applying for housing is a crucial first step in your college life. National research shows that students who live on campus do better in their classes, are actively involved in campus activities, and get more out of their college experience. Our own data shows that on-campus residents achieve higher GPAs.
On-campus life offers the best deal around: academic and social programming, opportunities to get involved in campus life, convenient locations, policies and safety measures that let you focus on your studies, and a staff dedicated to helping you succeed. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the options and application procedures, and apply for a place in the living environment that works best for you.
Application Procedure: What You Need to Know
- The housing application is separate from the application for admission to the university
- Even if you have not yet been admitted, you may still fill out a paper Housing Application prior to receiving your acceptance letter.
- A nonrefundable $50 housing application fee is required before your application will be considered.
- For academic year applications, you can change roommate requests or community preferences by logging in to the Housing Service Center before May 1.
- We make every effort to accommodate your requests for specific facilities or room type; however, due to high demand for housing, this cannot be guaranteed.
On-campus housing is limited, so we encourage you to apply early to optimize your chances of being offered a space. Housing offers and contracts are prioritized by the date the application and application fee are submitted to our office. Acceptance of your application does not guarantee that a space will be available.
Housing Rates and What's Included
Housing rental rates are available by selecting Rates and Information. Published rates are effective for the academic year, running from July 1 through June 30th of the next calendar year. The rates for the next academic year that go into effect starting July 1 will be released in late February.
Housing rates include:
- Fully furnished living units
- ALL utilities (water, sewer, electricity, internet, and cable TV)
- Residence Life staff support
- Academic programming
- 24-hour security
- 24-hour on-call housing staff
- Access to community amenities in that community (this could include a fitness center, computer lab, resident lounge areas, etc.)
- Student-focused programming and events
Out-of-state and International Students
Admitted international and out-of-state undergraduate students are guaranteed on-campus housing if:
Your housing application and nonrefundable fee are received in the Housing Office no later than 5 p.m., March 15, for occupancy in fall of the same year. Submit your completed and signed housing contract with your initial housing payment by the deadline stated on your housing contract.
NOTE: If applications for on-campus housing exceed the number of housing spaces available, the university reserves the right to utilize residential common areas, local apartment facilities, or hotels for residential purposes pending assignment or relocation to permanent living space.
Housing Contract Information
Housing contracts are offered for the following periods:
- Full Academic Year Housing Contracts (move in August, move out the following May)
- Spring Only Housing Contracts (move in January, move out in May)
- Summer Housing (May through August with a minimum 30 day stay required)