Housing Overview & Rates
Applying for On-Campus Housing
Applications are currently being accepted!PLEASE NOTE: Housing and Residence Life is on a waitlist for the 2017-18 Academic Year and cannot guarantee you will receive a housing offer.
*Experiencing difficulties applying online or have yet been admitted to the university? Click here and print out our paper application.
Application and Contract Information
Application Procedure: What You Need to Know
On-campus housing is limited, so we encourage you to apply early to optimize your chances of being offered a space. Housing offers and contracts are prioritized by the date the application and application fee are submitted to our office. Applicants submitting an application after the Guaranteed Housing date of March 15 are more likely to be waitlisted or offered supplemental or overflow housing. Acceptance of your application does not guarantee that a space will be available.
How to Apply
- The housing application is separate from the application for admission to the university and can be filled out by clicking on the "Apply for Housing" button above.
- It's important to complete the online housing application using a computer. Applicants will experience difficulties and will receive an error when they attempt to use mobile devices during this process as there are too many redirects.
- Even if you have not yet been admitted, you may still fill out a paper Housing Application prior to receiving your acceptance letter by clicking here.
- A non-refundable $50 housing application fee is required before your application will be considered.
- For academic year applications, you can change roommate requests or community preferences by logging in to the Housing Service Center before May 1.
- We make every effort to accommodate your requests for specific facilities or room type; however, due to high demand for housing, this cannot be guaranteed.
The timeline of events for the application process is as follows:
- November: Online application available for admitted students (paper applications are available for students that have not yet been admitted to the university)
- February: Rates are approved for the next academic year
- March 15: Students can apply at any time, however, those who apply by March 15th are guaranteed to receive a housing offer to live on-campus
- April: Housing contract offers begin based on application date
- Early August: Roommate and move-in details are distributed via e-mail
- August: Fall move-in
Housing Rates and What's Included
Housing rental rates are available by selecting Rates and Information. Published rates are effective for the academic year, running from July 1 through June 30th of the next calendar year. The rates for the next academic year that go into effect starting July 1 will be released in late February.
Housing rates include:
- Fully furnished living units
- ALL utilities (water, sewer, electricity, internet, and cable TV)
- Residence Life staff support
- Academic programming
- 24-hour security
- 24-hour on-call housing staff
- Access to community amenities in that community (this could include a fitness center, computer lab, resident lounge areas, etc.)
- Student-focused programming and events
Out-of-state and International Students
Admitted international and out-of-state undergraduate students are guaranteed on-campus housing if:
Your housing application and nonrefundable fee are received in the Housing Office no later than 5 p.m., March 15, for occupancy in fall of the same year. Submit your completed and signed housing contract with your initial housing payment by the deadline stated on your housing contract.
NOTE: If applications for on-campus housing exceed the number of housing spaces available, the university reserves the right to utilize residential common areas, local apartment facilities, or hotels for residential purposes pending assignment or relocation to permanent living space.
Housing Contract Information
Housing contracts are offered for the following periods:
- Full Academic Year Housing Contracts (move in August, move out the following May)
- Spring Only Housing Contracts (move in January, move out in May)
- Summer Housing (May through August with a minimum 30 day stay required)
Academic Year 2017-18 and Summer 2018 housing contract terms
Academic Year 2016-17 and Summer 2017 housing contract terms