Housing Overview & Rates
Applying for On-Campus Housing
APPLYING FOR FALL 2019?Please note: Housing contract offers are prioritized based on the date your housing application is completed.
Application Procedure: What You Need to Know
On-campus housing is limited, so we encourage you to apply early to optimize your chances of being offered a space. Housing offers and contracts are prioritized by the date the application and application fee are submitted to our office. Applicants submitting an application after the Priority Consideration date of March 15 are more likely to be waitlisted. Acceptance of your application does not guarantee that a space will be available.
How to Apply
- The housing application is separate from the application for admission to the university and can be filled out by clicking on the "Apply for Housing" button above.
- It's important to complete the online housing application using a computer. Applicants will experience difficulties and will receive an error when they attempt to use mobile devices during this process as there are too many redirects.
- Currently, we are accepting applications from students who have been admitted to IUPUI.
- A non-refundable $50 housing application fee is required before your application will be considered.
- For academic year applications, you can update community preferences, add an RBLC preference, or Gender-Inclusive Living preference by logging in to the Housing Service Center.
- We make every effort to accommodate your requests for specific facilities or room type; however, due to high demand for housing, this cannot be guaranteed.
The timeline of events for the application process is as follows:
- November: Online application available for admitted students
- February: Rates are approved for the next academic year
- March 15: Students can apply at any time, however, those who apply by March 15 receive priority consideration to live on-campus
- April: Housing contract offers begin based on application date
- Early August: Roommate and move-in details are distributed via e-mail
- August: Fall move-in
Housing Rates and What's Included
Housing rental rates are available by selecting Rates and Information. Published rates are effective for the academic year, running from July 1 through June 30th of the next calendar year. The rates for the next academic year that go into effect starting July 1 will be released in late February.
Housing rates include:
- Fully furnished living units
- ALL utilities (water, sewer, electricity, internet, and cable TV)
- Residence Life staff support
- Academic programming
- 24-hour security
- 24-hour on-call housing staff
- Access to community amenities in that community (this could include a fitness center, computer lab, resident lounge areas, etc.)
- Student-focused programming and events
Housing Contract Information
Housing contracts are offered for the following periods:
- Full Academic Year Housing Contracts (move in August, move out the following May)
- Spring Only Housing Contracts (move in January, move out in May)
- Summer Housing (May through August with a minimum 30 day stay required)
Academic Year 2018-19 and Summer 2019 housing contract terms