Housing Overview & Rates
Rates and What's Included
The posted rates are effective by action of the Indiana University Board of Trustees.Academic Year 2017 - 2018 Housing Rates
(effective July 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018)
Housing Rates Include
- Fully furnished living units
- ALL utilities (water, sewer, electricity, internet, and cable TV)
- Residence Life staff support
- Academic programming
- 24-hour security
- 24-hour on-call housing staff
- Access to community amenities in that community (this could include a fitness center, computer lab, resident lounge areas, etc.)
- Free laundry
- Student-focused programming and events
Important Information on Housing Rates
- All rates are listed per person.
- Housing charges are posted in full at the beginning of each semester to the student's bursar account.
Additional Mandatory Fees
- Residence life programming fee of $75 per semester per student.
- Prepayment: All contracts require a $400 prepayment at the time the contract is signed and returned to the Housing Office. This payment is not held as a deposit; rather, it will be applied directly to housing rental charges.
- Students assigned to Ball Residence Hall, University Tower, and North Hall: Once the signed contract has been completed, these residents only are required to select from the required meal plan options.
NOTE: If applications for on-campus housing exceed the number of housing spaces available, the university reserves the right to utilize residential common areas, local apartment facilities, or hotels for residential purposes pending assignment or relocation to permanent living space.