Residential Based Learning Communities
Major-Based Living Learning Communities
Health and Human Sciences Community
Do you have an interest in health and wellness, sports, and/or event planning? Do you want to live in a community with students majoring in the same field of study as you? The School of Health and Human Sciences (SHHS) Housing Community welcomes new incoming first year students majoring in Exercise Science; Fitness Management and Personal Training; Health Sciences; Physical Education Teacher Education; Sports Management; and Tourism, Conventions and Event Management to live in University Tower. Students residing on the Health and Human Sciences residential floor will have the opportunity to get involved in special academic and social programs organized by the resident assistant, Office of Housing & Residence Life, and SHHS Office of Student Engagement and Success.
Health and Human Sciences Community residents enjoy several opportunities:
- Benefit from living with an upperclassman Resident Assistant (RA) in your major/school
- Meet and make friends with other students in your major/school outside the classroom
- Easily form study groups with students in your major
- Have quick access to the fitness facility that is on the same floor as the Health and Human Sciences Community
- Participate in events and programs exclusively for the Health and Human Sciences Community. Past events have included Dessert with the Dean, Colts game, ZooBoo at the Indianapolis Zoo, volunteering at the Carmel Marathon, and End-of-Year celebrations such as Duck Pin Bowling and attending Sky Zone.
Scholarships are available for students who wish to live in the SHHS Housing Community. The Department of Kinesiology awards the Anna A. Schmook Scholarship to incoming first year students at IUPUI who intend to major in Exercise Science, Fitness Management and Personal Training, or Physical Education Teacher Education. Scholarship recipients must live in the Health and Human Sciences Community in The Tower Residence Hall.
- Amount: $2,000
- Number given: 3
- Eligibility criteria: Must be accepted for admission to IUPUI and the School of Health and Human Sciences pursuing a major in the Department of Kinesiology, and must have submitted a housing application for the University Tower and identified the SHHS Community as their community of choice intending to reside in the SHHS Housing Community for the 2019-2020 academic year.
- Application deadline: December 31st, 2018
To apply, submit:
- Apply for on-campus housing by clicking here
- Complete the online scholarship application by searching “Scholarships” on one.iu.edu
- Construct an essay answering the following questions:
- Why do you want to live in the SHHS Community in the University Tower?
- How do you plan to contribute and be an active participant in the SHHS Community?
Direct questions regarding the application, facilities, fees, etc. to the IUPUI's Office of Housing and Residence Life: (317) 274-7200 or email@example.com. Direct questions regarding the SHHS Community to Christina Nelson: 317-278-7650 or firstname.lastname@example.org.