Roommate Process

Roommate Request Process

Exclusive for Academic Year 2020-21, Housing and Residence Life will only place students together in shared rooms when you have a mutually requested roommate. Shared rooms are available in University Tower, North Hall, and Riverwalk shared suites (1 bedroom suites only). Students with a housing contract for the Riverwalk Apartments or Townhomes can also request assignment to the same apartment or townhome unit through the roommate request process.

For many students, having a roommate is a vital part of the college experience. To request a roommate, please review the instructions and requirement below. If you have questions about the roommate request process, please contact our office.

How to Request A Roommate


  • Roommate requests must be submitted online while the roommate request process is open between June 1 and June 30.
  • Roommate requests can be submitted if you have applied for housing, or if you have a signed housing contract.
  • Requesting a roommate is a voluntary process that you initiate.
  • By submitting a roommate request you will be required to complete a roommate agreement and you are indicating understanding of all university immunization requirements.
  • Roommate requests must be mutual in order to be considered.
  • Once you have signed a contract for housing, you cannot rescind or cancel your roommate request.



  • Log in to the Housing Service Center and select the "Add roommate request" link.
  • Review the information provided thoroughly and contact our office if you have any questions.
  • Enter the required roommate information, including your requested roommates University ID number.
  • Complete the form to record your roommate request.