Resident Assistants (RAs) provide leadership in a residential community on the IUPUI campus. The RA is responsible for building community among residents, supporting diversity and inclusion, enforcing policies, providing after hour services and maintaining an atmosphere conducive for academic and personal success. Each RA reports to a Residence Coordinator who provides guidance and feedback in meeting job expectations and support for developing your skills and abilities that will lead to future professional and personal success.
To apply, candidates must:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at the sophomore, junior, or senior level during the 2022-23 employment period.
- Hold a cumulative 2.5 GPA (based on IU hours) at the time of application and maintain a 2.5 semester/cumulative GPA through the application and employment period. GPA from transfer credits will not be considered.
- Complete at least one semester (fall or spring) as an enrolled student at IUPUI before starting the position.
- Be in good academic, disciplinary, and employment standing with the university.
- Be able to successfully complete a background check conducted by IU Human Resources.
- Have the ability to return to campus prior to the start of the academic year to participate in RA training.
Learn more about the RA position
Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) serve in a front line customer focused role for the Office of Housing and Residence Life. CSRs are responsible to deliver high quality customer service and will perform the following tasks: working the HRL front desk, answering phones and emails, helping to monitor the HRL social media accounts; addressing questions specific to a student’s housing account, assignment, or general housing information. CSRs are required to be courteous and professional at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage phone calls and in-person visitors in a professional and helpful manner
- Provide friendly and courteous customer service to all guests and clients
- Ensure delivered mail is disbursed out to the recipient as appropriate
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the services provided by Housing and Residence Life
- Represent HRL in a positive and professional way in all interactions
- Answer questions as trained and find an answer if one is unknown
- Respond to email and social media inquiries in a timely manner
- Maintain Division of Student Affairs Standards and HRL set quality objectives
- Attend all-team meetings and individual training sessions
- Follow appropriate policies regarding information privacy, interaction tracking, and engaging supervisor when escalated or complex interactions or questions arise
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to take tours through the halls on both sides of campus
- Social media experience is a plus
- Previous customer service work preferred
- Good time management skills
- Possess strong critical-thinking skills
- Microsoft Office knowledge
- Must be in good academic and judicial standing
- Minimum of a 2.5 cumulative GPA (or be a first-semester student)
- Must be able to work during the hours of 9 a.m and 5 p.m., Monday – Friday, with some weekend or evening hours as business needs determine
- Reliable transportation
Must work approximately 15 – 25 hours per week, but will not be scheduled for more than 25 hours per week on a regular basis. Preference will be given to students available to extend their employment to work through the summer.