Frequently Asked Move Out Questions
Move Out for Academic Year residents is May 7th, 2023 at 12 PM noon. Below are commonly asked questions about the move-out process.
Please apply at this link by April 28th: go.iupui.edu/myhousing. Daily rates apply.
Graduating seniors also need to submit an extension request via go.iupui.edu/myhousing and submit proof of graduation. No daily rate is charged for graduating seniors with documentation.
You can sign up for a move out inspection in person at your community’s desk starting April 14th.
Yes, your RA will post the time, date, and location of your closing meeting. Attendance will be taken and will be factored in if the student incurs damage charges.
Common charges include:
- Excessive cleaning: $50 per item or room, minimum
- Trash removal: $50 minimum
- Removal of furniture from room: $50
- Furniture cleaned, damaged, or replaced: $35-$600
- Wall or ceiling damage: $50 to patch; $100 to paint
- Floor damaged: $50
- Smoke detector altered: $100
There are cleaning supplies available at each community desk for residents to check out during open hours.
Change your address with USPS and any businesses you ship from. Any mail received after May 7th will be returned to sender.
Please do not leave trash or unwanted items in hallways, lounges, or lobbies.
Do not throw away large items in the trash rooms. Please dispose of large items in a dumpster located outside the building items or off campus.
Please consider donating any clean and functional items to a local donation site or one of the drop-off sites in your building:
- Ball Hall Lobby
- North Hall Programming Space
- Riverwalk Community Office
- University Tower: Dean’s Room, 2nd floor
Paws Pantry accepts unopened and unexpired food.
The Indianapolis Mini-Marathon will be Saturday, May 6th, and will restrict access to a number of roads leading to campus.
- You can move out before the marathon prior to Saturday to avoid traffic delays if your schedule allows. Make sure to communicate with your support system if they are helping you move out.
- Road closures will be posted on the Mini-Marathon website closer to the date: https://www.indymini.com/p/mini-marathon/participantinfo/parking1