Some students want to live with a friend and some want to be assigned a roommate. There is no right or wrong way to go about having a roommate. If you want to live with a specific person, there is a process to follow. Here is everything you need to know to make that request:
- You and your preferred roommate(s) should submit your housing applications at approximately the same time, and make sure the preferences are identical, including any Residential Based Learning Community requests.
- If you have a signed contract, your can request a specific roommate, as long as they also have a signed contract, from June 1 – June 30.
- This is done by completing the Roommate Request form, available at the Housing Service Center.
- For your requests to be considered, your contracts MUST be identical, with matching facility, room type, and RBLC, if applicable.
- Also, the request(s) must be mutual, so you and your requested roommate(s) must request each other.
Completing the steps above will maximize your chances of being placed with your mutually requested roommate. There are times where availability prevents matching every roommate request but our team makes every effort to accommodate roommate requests that follow the above steps.
Roommate information is sent in early August for academic year contracts, and early January for new students just moving in for spring semester.